Announcing a grant awarded to Braceville Township from the Ohio Development Services Agency’s Abandoned Gas Station (AGS) Program! The Former Ralph’s Service Center operated as a petroleum retail facility from 1955 to 1998, and as an automotive service station until 2014 in Leavittsburg, Ohio. The property still contains an abandoned gasoline/service station building, canopy, and hydraulic lift within the eastern service bay.
All the underground storage tanks and associated system components were removed from the site by BJAAM in April 1998. The stockpiles generated during the removal was returned to the cavity for in-situ bioremediation. Analytical results indicated that confirmatory soil and water samples were above the Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulations action levels. Due to the responsible party not having the money to complete corrective actions, a Class C Designation was granted for the release in 2009.
The site was awarded an AGS Assessment Grant on November 18, 2019. BJAAM was privileged to assist with the grant application and looks forward to future assessment and corrective action activities.